The most common question amongst candidates is ‘how do I prepare for a job interview?’ The key to conducting a job interview successfully is to establish a good relationship with the interviewer.
The most common question amongst candidates is ‘how do I prepare for a job interview?’
The key to conducting a job interview successfully is to establish a good relationship with the interviewer.
Even the most confident person can experience some nerves in an interview situation. Candidates who have been with a company for a very long time or returning to an industry may find the interview process very stressful.
Below are important key points to remember for interview success:
- Be prepared
- Research the company
- Prepare for common interview questions
- Be well groomed, dress appropriately and look professional
- Use appropriate body language to demonstrate confidence – smile, make eye contact and have a firm hand shake
- Be confident and comfortable with who you are
- Know your CV
- Have your reasons as to why you would be the best candidate
- Know your weaknesses and strengths
- Communicate your selling points with confidence
- Have examples ready for behaviour based questions
- Have questions ready for the interviewer – express to the interviewer that you are engaged and interested
- Listen to the question being asked and ask to repeat if necessary – good communication skills include listening
- Always have a positive attitude – bring enthusiasm and energy to the interview